In honor of Love Your Pet Day, we’re hosting a kids coloring event! Parents, talk to your child about the ways they can love their pet, including things that are good for your pet’s health. Below are some talking points you can share with your child while they color the page of their choice!
Parents may turn in their child’s coloring page for a chance to be a lucky random winner of a Giant Pug of Love, a small East El Paso Animal Hospital We 💜 Pets t-shirt, and a goodie basket of pet loving supplies! See below for event details.
5 Ways to Celebrate Love Your Pet Day
- Shower your canine or feline friend with nice words and gestures. For example, by petting them and using your friendliest tone.
Spend Quality time together.
- Cuddle up and spend extra time with them, petting, rubbing, or just being next to them. If your pet is the more playful type, why not spend a bit of extra play time outdoors playing their favorite game!
Upgrade your pet’s toys and safety gear.
- Invest in a future for your pet that promotes their happiness, safety and well-being. This means safe toys that will stand the test of time – and strength!
Treat your pet to some new, healthy foods.
- Re-evaluate what your pet eats. Like humans, food can have an effect on mood, energy levels, and bodily functions! Ask you veterinarian about diet suggestions!
Use your imagination!
- You know your pet better than anyone! Ask yourself: What does my dog or cat love most? This might already give you some ideas for things to do on Love Your Pet Day!
1 Lucky Winner
will be selected at random from all the coloring pages turned into the East El Paso Animal Hospital by 4:30pm on Saturday, February 19th. A lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced on Sunday, February 20th – Love Your Pet Day! Parent will be contacted via information printed on the back of the coloring page (parent name, phone, email). Every coloring page will be posted in our lobby to thank and honor the children loving our pets! At drop-off, we will also have donation buckets for local rescues available for those who also wish to support pets without a loving home.
Click your coloring page of choice to download and print! Or you can pick one up in the East El Paso Animal Hospital lobby!